Excluding corporate clients, a non-refundable deposit of 25% is required to secure the booking. By paying the deposit, you accept in full these terms and conditions. Corporate clients may acknowledge these terms formally via correspondence.
Excluding corporate clients, a deposit should be paid upfront, with the balance owing on completion and prior to shipping. Acceptable payment methods include:
- BACS (bank transfer)
- PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account to pay via this method) - additional vendor processing fees apply
- Credit Card - additional vendor processing fees apply
- Cash on collection (for outstanding balances only)
Clients are responsible for any fees incurred in preparing for the job if they cancel. Examples might include sourcing and procuring materials, layout and preparation, and courier cancellation costs. A final invoice will be issued outlining relevant expenses, to be paid within 7 days.
List of names and addresses should be provided proofed and written exactly as required.
- Provide in basic list format either in Word, Excel or Google Doc.
- One name per line
- Names separated by a single line break.
- Single spaces between first and last names (or separated into columns if using Excel).
- No additional spaces before or after a name.
This ensures that the document is ready to be formatted as required to ensure consistent calligraphy. Place cards will be supplied in alphabetical order of first name and we will adjust the list accordingly.
- Any work to adjust the document to basic list format will be charged at an hourly rate of £35.
- Any research we undertake to verify spelling will be charged at an hourly rate of £35.
- Any additional names or information provided subsequently should be highlighted in a way that makes it obvious from previously provided details. Any work to compare documents to clarify new information will be charged at an hourly rate of £35. We will not take responsibility for any information missed as part of a manual check.
- Any stationery to be redone as a result of misspellings in the provided documents will be charged at the agreed per item rate.
- Any misspellings by Olive & Reid will be redone free of charge.
All quotes exclude postage. Where possible, we primarily send via Royal Mail, either First Class Signed For, or Special Delivery (Guaranteed 1pm). Costs are determined based on final parcel size and weight, but an estimate is given at the outset. For urgent turnaround, a courier service (or in-person collection — location depending) can be arranged (by either party) at the client’s cost.
If providing your own stationery, an additional 10–20% is required to accommodate last minute changes, ink issues, and human error.
Client-supplied stationery should be of high quality, with a paper weight of 120gsm or greater.
Non traditional materials
We love the opportunity to letter on surfaces other paper. Our experience includes but is not limited to slate, agate, mirror, glass, plastic, porcelain, marble, pebbles. Any work to undertake sourcing specialist materials may be charged at a flat or hourly rate, which will be advised at the quoting stage.
Our standard turnaround time is two weeks, but may be longer depending on schedule and the size of the job. We’ll advise accordingly upon quoting for the work.
We are often able to accommodate last minute work; however a discretionary rush fee may be charged.
- 24-hour turnaround : £100
- 72-hour turnaround: £50
We take photographs to capture the work and showcase the the varied scope of lettering that we can provide. Sometimes, we will share images on social media, or with potential clients. This can include first names or full names, but will never include address information, and generally shared after the date of your event has passed. If you are concerned about the images to be shared, please let us know at the booking stage, so that we can discuss possible alternatives.